Friday, November 11, 2016

All Men Are Created Equal. That's What I Was Taught.

I’ve written this blog for several years and have been able to refrain from using it as a place to spill my personal guts during difficult times. I don’t talk politics. I don’t like to talk politics, but I want to get this off of my chest before inauguration day where I will begin my 4 year residency in a bunker, or another country.

The Positive Tree Of Life
This past election was one of the most emotional and upsetting  times of my life. I’m not sure if I will ever recover. I’m serious. I’m afraid that the country is now plagued with pictures in their head that they won’t ever remove. For example, this morning I saw two video clips taken from schools around America. The first one was a bunch of kids chanting to the Mexican kids in the class room; “Build The Wall, Build The Wall!” The second was a high school boy walking through the halls with a Trump / Pence campaign sign yelling “White Power!”

The harsh reality here is that these children developed these chants from watching the recent campaigns. It wasn’t the crooked or biased press that put those words in the kids heads, it was the people who spoke them! I’m not saying that one candidate was better or worse, just that the behavior was totally unacceptable. With bullying being such a hot topic in schools for the past 10 – 15 years, causing suicide and depression in kids, adults need to stop it! They need to tell abusive people to stop! No one deserves to be demeaned. Period.

This morning I saw a tweet from the President Elect stating that the "hired professional" protesters in the streets all over the country are behaving unfairly. I wonder if he’s aware that we have a constitution that allows for us to speak our feelings. Maybe the protesters feel as though they were treated unfairly. Maybe they're speaking on behalf of themselves because of his demeaning words and not because somebody is paying them. Maybe the President Elect should learn to take responsibility for his words and realize that in a position such as his, he should learn about truth and compassion.

I will accept that the people have voted, and our system allows someone who received fewer popular votes to win the election. I get it, but I will defy every demeaning or bigoted word that comes out of his mouth. I will do my best to defend what I believe in, and I would hope that we will all teach others how to apologize when they have stooped too low.

I believe in climate change. I believe in justice for all. I believe in gender equality. I believe in treating all people equally. I believe in loyalty. I believe in liberty. I believe in helping each other. I believe in the constitution, I believe in the truth, and I believe in my right to a firearm, believe it or not.

What I don’t believe in is war, dishonesty, bullying, prejudice and bigotry, disrespect of the environment and each other, or a President Elect who will not give citizens the right to peaceful protest as provided for in our constitution. What other American Liberties are we about to lose? 


Now, more than ever, everybody needs to cut the crap and support each other like we’re all Americans, and according to our founding fathers, we’re all created equal. This is not open to argument!

No comments:

Blog Archive