Friday, April 10, 2015

The Change Is Great!

It was such a long and grueling process. We really wanted to sell our home and get back to civilization. I lived in Aspen for many years so I learned how to live without Wal Mart and Lowes. Once leaving Aspen, we lived on a remote ranch, then built a home in an area about 25 miles from the nearest grocery store. For years, we craved life in civilization again. The ocean was included in that dream, but when the house sold and we had to move quickly, we made it as far as Grand Junction. It was a good decision. Until we're really ready to retire, we need to stay in Colorado where our professional licensing supports us.

Since arriving in Grand Junction, we've visited all of the awesome outdoor experiences like the Grand Mesa, the Botanical Gardens and Butterfly Pavilion, and best of all, a new walking trail on the river! I've planted herbs and lettuce and spinach in every flower pot that I can find, and because the weather is so great here, I'm going to plant everything every place that I can find.

The ocean is still looming in our future. I'm not sure how or when, but til then, we are really enjoying our new life in a small city. Most people don't appreciate being able to run to work in 5 minutes. Al was driving 83 miles a day one way, he now gets to work in 5 minutes. I walk all over the place including the grocery store and Wal Mart.

Through the local Natural Grocers we've met lots of like-minded people and are born-again in a way. Yay! I'm working hard at writing and recording some really great relaxation music and am sharing it for use by Massage Therapists and Meditation Teachers. Al bought me a synthesizer and other recording equipment for my retirement and I couldn't be happier with my new pastime.

We are still working to maintain a healthy lifestyle with lots of outdoor time. Stay tuned for some free meditation and relaxing music downloads. Life is good.

No comments: