Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Tempeh Is Low In Fat, High in Protein and Calcium

Trying new things that are low in fat and high in protein can be a challenge. When you see something like Tempeh at the health food store, it looks weird, to say the least. What do you do with that weird looking stuff? Tempeh is a brick made of fermented soy beans. Some companies make it with other grains added too.

Let me introduce you to this weird food, then I suggest that you search the internet for the abundance of awesome recipes that you can use it for.

Not all people boil it first, but I have found that if you slice or cube it and boil it for 5-10 minutes, it gets a meatier texture that you can use for recipes. One of my favorite recipes is to cut it into cubes, boil it, dry it, then fry it with herbs and spices (I like Gaylord Hausers Spike the best). I keep the cubes in the fridge and use it as croutons on salads, taco filling, and even in spaghetti sauce.

The cubes make delicious finger snacks after being marinated, and another one of my favorite things is soaking it in barbeque sauce and having a fat sandwich.

Get acquanited with Tempeh. I love to eat. I used to love meat. We have some up with so many awesome recipes, my cholesterol has gone down considerably without medication. Try it!

Tasty Fried Tempeh With Herbs and Spices
Tempeh Tacos with Tofutti - Vegan Sour Cream

No comments:

Blog Archive