Monday, December 10, 2012

Vegan Bouillon With Sea Salt and Herbs

Making a quick homemade soup without preservatives or excessive salt can be challenging. Most vegetarian broths have a ton of salt and preservatives. The last time I made soup with a store bought broth my husband said that the house smelled like a science lab.

This week both Al and I have both had colds, sore throats, and the regular thing that comes to Colorado at this time of year. As eager as I normally am to chop fresh herbs for flavor, I was lucky to get out of bed. The last thing I wanted to do was go to the grocery store.

I had bought some Rapunzel Vegan Vegetable Bouillon with Sea Salt and Herbs for flavoring the Thanksgiving dressing and had a whole extra pack of 8 cubes left in the cupboard. Although they make the product without salt, I chose to buy it with sea salt and herbs. Yum. I made a couple of cubes and added some leftover rice and vegetables. I couldn’t believe the flavor of this soup! We ate it all weekend and are feeling much better today.

Rapunzel is a product of Sweden. The broth comes in three different flavors, Vegan Vegetable with sea salt and herbs, with no salt, and herbs with no salt. The herbs are organic, and the sea salt is sun dried from the French Atlantic Coast.

By the way, the Thanksgiving dressing was exceptional, and now I know why. I recommend this product ... Healthy and delicious!

No comments:

Blog Archive