Thursday, November 8, 2012

Simple Vegan Mushroom Gravy

If you read this blog, you might know by now that I am not a fake meat eater, rather a comfort food junkie. I can do without fake hot dogs and soy cheese, but I like my comfort meals. I like plain foods with a great sauce or topping. Last night I made this extremely fast mushroom gravy that was so delicious, I have to share it with you.

Quick Vegan Mushroom Gravy

One small container of mushrooms (about 12 large mushrooms)
1/4 c Braggs Amino Acids
1/2 c Bob's or Barbara's instant mashed potatoes
2 tablespoons of your choice of herbs
Black Pepper

You will probably adjust the mashed potatoes according to your own choice of thickness.
First, saute sliced mushrooms in olive oil. Add 1/4 c Braggs Amino Acids (tastes like soy sauce), and salt and pepper to taste. Lastly, add instant mashed potatoes to thicken, and simmer for about 5 minutes. Voila!

Add this delicious gravy to baked potatoes, or add 1/2 cup of Tofutti Better than Sour Cream (and a little more black pepper, and add to noodles for a great vegan stroganoff!

No comments:

Blog Archive