Thursday, July 5, 2012

GREAT Clean Food Is My Passion

I've been in the health and fitness business for over 30 years. I have gone through many years of trends with my clients. In the distant past, as long as athletes burned enough calories, they ate whatever they wanted. Count me in to that population. I played racquetball tournaments every weekend while teaching aerobics twice a day during the week. I could have cared less about calories.

Fast forward about 30 years and I lost my Father to a heart attack at 62, and my Mom last summer to a catastrophic stroke at 83. Can you say cholesterol? I was raised Italian. Sausage and cheese spell cholesterol in Italian. My husband was also raised Italian. Same deal. We love great tasting food but have been encouraged to change how we do it. We have a different love of food than ever before, and have been reaping the benefits for the past several years. Growing our own food while experimenting creatively has led to this blog ... oh, and lower cholesterol, more energy, lower weight, and more.

A few years back I was cleaning out over 30 years worth of articles that I have written, programs that I have created, and recipes that I have saved, and I had an epiphany. Why not put this information in one place via a daily blog? Why not. Here goes. Vegans, I hope that you enjoy my recipes, my enthusiasm, and my snapshots. It's great to get organized!

Here's a shot of last night's meal; Homemade whole wheat tortillas, black beans and corn, garden tomatoes, lettuce, garden salsa, and topped with Tofutti Better Than Sour Cream (a non dairy sour cream substitute. Don't normally use fake stuff, but makes the tacos rich and creamy.)

Delicious!


No comments:

Blog Archive