Thursday, April 26, 2012

Liberta

I recently had a reunion with my best girlfriends from high school We are all turning 60 this year. What a blast that we had. Our husbands all got along and weren't bored with our conversations because we were current. We didn't hash out too much of the old days, just a little. One of my friends was going back to a really stressful job. It was then that I realized that having completed a 35 year career in my own special interest, I can now enjoy each day doing whatever I want. I write, workout, and scheme new ideas for the future. Liberta. In Italian it means liberty. The freedom to do whatever I want. This is a milestone for me. The realization that I don't have to be showing up at a meeting, or teaching an aerobics class. Liberta. The epitome of my life. At last! Here are two
photos of my recent reunion. Yes, I made the sparkly glasses, and yes, that is our husbands. Whee! Liberta!

No comments: