Friday, March 2, 2012

Tonight's Cooking Group ~ Vegetarian Italian (non) Meatball Sandwiches

Last night I made homemade baguettes, tonight the group is making eggplant-parmesian meatballs with sauce. I'm so hungry right now, I shouldn't even be writing about food. Because we will be using bread crumbs and parmesian cheese in the (non) Meatballs, we will be calorie challenged. The challenge will be to find the right texture with limited cheese and no eggs. I've made the recipe successfully, so I hope that we have the same consistency tonight.

The sauce will include lots of herbs and sun-dried tomatoes from my 2011 garden. Next week; Spring Rolls with wet rice paper. The "Awesome" factor will be determined by the dipping sauce that we decide to make. I like plum sauce ... or wasabi ... or hot mustard ...

No comments:

Blog Archive