Thursday, December 1, 2011

Better Than Sour Cream

Nutrition has become a large part of my job in the kitchen. How Al and I got to be as old as 59 ... going on 60 is beyond me. And the next thing you know, I’m reading labels for fat, salt, cholesterol, and more. I work to keep our weight in check while lowering cholesterol. I like to cook, and I love to eat, so it has become a major project to find good tasting foods that fall into an acceptable category.

The latest food that I’ve found is a sour cream replacement. Truthfully, most soy cheese replacement products taste like paint. But how can you have tacos, soup. or pasta without a little cheese of some sort?

On my last trip to the Whole Foods Market, I decided to try a product made by Tofutti, called Better than Sour Cream. Wow, this stuff is delicious! I had a dollop on my lentil soup last night and actually felt like I was eating comfort food! This stuff is really delicious! No dairy, no fat, simply soy. Great!

No comments:

Blog Archive