Friday, July 8, 2011

Life Is Rushing Forward

The fourth of July has already passed? Where’s it going? I turned 59 a few days ago. Yowza. It’s strange to think that when I used to refer to 10 years it was no big deal. Now, if I think about 10 years from now, I’ll be getting ready to turn 70. Now, that’s really something.

I remember when grandparents and others used to say “wait until you get to be my age.” I would mutter; “I’ll surely be dead by then. NOBODY gets that old.” Oddly enough, the time keeps passing.

I lost one of my best friends this past week. A massive stroke at the age of 58. This event made Al and I sit down to reflect and plan. What do we want to do for the next 10 years? Where do we want to be when we’re old?

Now, don’t take this as a suicide note or a panic attack. It’s just a wakeup call about all of the “my house won’t sell” excuses as to why I don’t live at the beach right now. It seems as though we all make excuses as to why we don’t have what we want, when it’s because we make excuses for the easier route.

Al and I have decided to give it a little more punch. We want to walk on the beach ... soon! Although our house is no longer on the market, we’ve decided to push a little harder for a healthy and fruitful future near the ocean. When? Where? TBA.

RIP my dear friend, Ritchie. You will be sorely missed.

No comments: