Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Meditation Is One Cool Solution

As I’ve mentioned, I’m taking a Yoga and Meditation Instructors course. I’ve practiced Yoga off and on for many years, but never took it on as my main form of conditioning. As far as meditation goes, I’m jiggy, jumpy, and have never been able to sit for too long.

I’m learning a ton of detailed, historic information about yoga and meditation. As an athlete and trainer, I’ve always been good at sports, and winning points, or teaching a ridiculous number of classes to prove my level of strength. What a strange curve I’ve taken.

I’ve owned a copy of the Bhagavad-Gita, and have been considered an alternative thinker my whole life. I’ve written a Cranial-Sacral Therapy course that’s complex, and completely different from most forms of traditional massage therapy. But Kundalini Yoga? Wow. This is such new approach to clearing the body and mind, that I can hardly believe that someone actually came up with this design.

I tend to get humerous when I get into uncomfortable situations, so I’m going to have to admit that the practice of Kundalini Yoga felt down right embarrassing at first. The instructor’s video is showing him squatting down and panting like a dog. Okay. Or, he’s kneeling, with his tongue out. You want me to do that?

Humor aside, I get it. I can see the correlation of Kundalini Yoga with Reiki, Cranial, and many other forms of traditional therapy, but in a different package. The teacher, www.anmolmehta.com is a respectful, fit, articulate expert. His detail and organization has made this new study really fun!

Kundalini Yoga includes many forms of breathing in conjunction with appropriate postures (asanas) for clearing and strengthening different areas of the body. The Chakras, of course, have been studied since man has existed, and the breathing and asanas are designed specifically to clear each one bringing balance to the system.

I am working hard to perfect the asanas, and the breathing exercises are really invigorating. If you’re a Yogi and you’ve never attended a Kundalini Yoga class, I would recommend giving it a try. You WILL find relaxation, and you will definitely find physical strength.

You will, however, have to leave your Western Fitness way of thinking at the door and open your mind to Eastern Philosophies. This is different. Wayyyyyyy.

I am challenged every day, then I follow my strenuous workout with a quiet, VERY relaxing meditation. I love that part. I never got to lay down when I taught aerobics! Thank you, www.anmolmehta.com You got me through the embarrassing part, and I get it! You are indeed a Guru. Everyone should be practicing Kundalini Yoga with you.

No comments:

Blog Archive