Tuesday, December 1, 2009

The Meal Was Spectacular!

Happy Holidays everybody! Wow. Our vegetarian Thanksgiving was really good. It wasn't necessarily a health or spiritual decision, just something that we decided to do. It had a little to do with running the stove all day for two people ... and the foil that you use, and the grease in the gravy, and the cost of raising a turkey, and, of course, the death of the turkey. It was just something that we did.

My biggest fear was making a gravy without meat. I started by chopping, then really browning some mushrooms. I cooked them for a while longer than I normally would. Then, I made gravy as I would have with grease, but used fresh herbs and spices. The rest was a breeze. We had dressing on the side, mashed potatoes, green beans, homemade cranberry sauce, cheese enchiladas, rolls, salad and pumpkin pie.

This was a memorable Thanksgiving for us! We've decided to do it this way from now on!

Our house is still for sale. Not a tire kicker in sight! Notta one! We're actually enjoying the warmth and comfort for now. It's kinda scarry knowing that if someone came along and bought it and wanted to be moved in by Christmas, we'd have to go to Oregon and buy a house ASAP. Kinda scarry, allright.

I sent the final application off for my Oregon Real Estate license today. Had to wait for the background check after I passed the exam, so it's finally done. Now, I guess we'll just keep moving forward with our business plans for the future.

Happy Holidays!

1 comment:

Carla said...

"tire kicker"...haha

Blog Archive