Tuesday, April 21, 2009

To quote the Dalai Lama

"Each of you should feel that you have great potential and that, with self confidence and a little more effort, change really is possible if you want it. If you feel that your present way of life is unpleasant or has some difficulties, then don't look at these negative things. See the positive side, the potential, and make an effort."

Man, it's easy to use negative words. I can't tell you how many times my clients have opened the dialogue with; "I'm not sure that you can help me. I've been on every diet and none of them have worked." I want to say; "You didn't just say that, right?" Isn't that like spending money on something that will never fit? Maybe you should go ahead and buy some really expensive shoes in the wrong size too! No, go scope out some really great shoes that you will reward yourself with after your first small success, which you WILL achieve, only if YOU believe it. Negative thinking is out. Start small, but find a goal, and go for it.

I've had a rough time with a couple of negative people around me. When they're negative, I tend to believe them. Then, I carry the anger and negative around with me. With some conscious planning, I've decided to change how I respond to their constant input. I turn away and thank God that I have a more positive outlook. No more. Neg is out, positive is in. I'm going to buy some really cool shoes that fit!

No comments:

Blog Archive