Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Life Coaching

What a week it's been! With the book business slowing, and Al's plumbing business slowing, I decided to enrich my life while adding another dimension to my Personal Training and Massage Therapy clients. I've been taking a Life Coach Certification Course that has turned out to be my own coaching experience. What a powerful program! I can't wait to get started with my own clients. I think that it will take about 30 clients to become comfortable with the questioning and probing, but I'm thrilled with my choice.

What is coaching? Not therapy, or psychotherapy. Coaching is a carefully laid out plan designed for the client to set and achieve goals. During a typical coaching session, the coach asks the questions, and the client answers them. No therapy, just questions about your goals and how you can achieve them. We all know that sometimes we create our own obstacles that get in the way of life. A coach can put another set of eyes and ears on your plans, while encouraging you to set timelines, while giving positive input to help you attain success. Can't wait to get started. Oh yeah, let me pass the final exam tomorrow before I get too busy.

No comments:

Blog Archive