Sunday, November 30, 2008

GMO'S

I don't know exactly what goes into genetically modifying food. I just know that there's no proof as to what the negative effects will be from eating it. I read today that China is in such a bad way for food, that they will be unleashing much of their experimental genetically modified rice into the general food supply in China.

People have been trying to make the U.S. government post packaging of foods that contain genetically modified material, but they have refused. They encourage products that are not genetically modified to be marked, but to me, that's not enough. That is all the more reason to grow organic food yourself. I live in the burbs. Last sumer I had the BOMB of an organic garden in a small area behind the house. Can't wait to start planting again for next year.

GO GREEN!

No comments: